At Lucky Mutts Rescue, which is strictly volunteer-based, we’ve put together resources to better help you and your new dog’s transition into his or her new forever home and strengthen your relationship with your new four-legged friend.
On volunteer at LMR, dog trainer Vanessa, has a double Bachelors degree in biopsychology with an emphasis in Animal Behavior and Learning. She mentored under a service/police dog trainer for 6 years and for the last 7 years has been training and working Border Collies for wildlife management (think airport dog!). She uses only force-free, positive training methods that are backed by current scientific research.
Below, please find the training resources Vanessa has created. If you find yourself having additional questions, please CLICK HERE to contact LMR for further training assistance.
- Basic Obedience Workshop
- Controlling Dog Allergies
- Creating Crate Harmony
- Dog Reactive Dogs and Over Playful Dogs
- Door Dashing
- Flight Risk Dogs
- Housebreaking and Eliminating Marking
- Introducing a New Dog to Your Current Dogs
- Isolation, Crate and Separation Anxiety in Dogs
- Possessive vs. Protective and How to Manage
- Resource Guarding in Dogs
- Teaching Your Dog Not to Destroy its Toys